Monday, January 12, 2009

With lots of hope ...

So, my name is Sir-Love-A-Lot. Sounds knightly doesn't it? My MPR family gave it to me cauz I'm like a knight in shining armor. My heart is huge, I am corageous, tough looking, but very gentle (kinda like the beast in "The Beauty and the Beast"). I am all of these things even though my armor isn't really that shiny. But although my armor isn't shiny the love that pours from me is. It glows like the sun breaking through a rain cloud (much the same as my life so far).

For me, the rain came ear
ly in life. I was running the streets every day trying to find food, stay away from people that wanted to hurt me and keep myself safe from the elements. Then one day, while seeking shelter on a porch, the sun came out. A woman stepped outside and introduced me to MPR and just like the sun pushing the clouds away MPR pushed all my days of gloom away.

They took me to an orphanage where I thrived knowing that I had a warm place to stay and good food everyday. This is where I have been since October 2007, in the orphanage. It's been great for me cause I have learned lots of things while being here. I've learned how to sit, ignore other dogs that I am walking by (I have to walk by other dogs to go outside and play), how to help hold the leash when I am getting ready to go somewhere, how to put my dirty blankets in the dirty laundry, and even how to make my bed (I put my blankets in my bed if you just put them in my kennel).

So if I have learned all of this new stuff why doesn't anyone want me? Where is my forever family?

My favorite nanny keeps telling me to be strong, that my time will come and my forever family is out there. I have to admit that after being here for 15 months now I'm starting to wonder if this is true or not. I've seen about 135 other orphans get adopted but I'm still here. Is my family lost? Did they come to get me then see someone else that would look better in the family photo than I would? I know that I may not be as handsome as a knight but my heart is bigger than any other dog that's here, why doesn't this count for anything? Don't families want someone that is more dedicated to them than anyone could dream of?

I'd do anything for a family of my own, I'd even wear the most ridiculous outfit you can find if it means you'll give me a chance to prove myself. I've been told that maybe I shouldn't love my nanny so much then maybe someone would take me home. Why would I do that? She's the only person that sees beyond my scars and has given me a chance and I figured if I showed other people how obedient I am and loving I am with her they would see first hand how I would be for them. I'd love my forever family even more than my nanny, cause then I would finally have my chance at home life like the other several dozen kids I've seen leave with their families. I'd do anything for my very own forever family, I'd even ride home in the car on my head! AND that's sayn alot since I love car rides. I like to look out the windows and watch me fly through the world rather than sitting in a kennel watching it fly by me.

Just one chance, that's all I'm askin for. Just one.

With lots of hope,

Sir

P.S. - I really like playing tug-o-war.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but submissions that use derogatory language and/or include inappropriate content will not be published.